Device for detecting epileptic seizures during the nighttime and alerting caregivers so patients can be always well aided.
The main goal of the project is to develop an non-intrusive integrated system to monitor epilepsy patients at night-time and alert relatives or caregivers when a seizure is detected, generating also useful information for improving medical treatments.
This system intents to be a solution for:
- Minimizing the consequences of convulsions, detecting the seizures immediately after they occur and thus reducing their duration.
- Improving patients' life quality, providing them with security and comfort.
- Improving relatives and caregivers' quality of life, providing them with an alert system so they can sleep in a different room from patients.
- Providing doctors with a tool for monitoring patients, allowing for personalized diagnosis and drug prescription, adapted to each patient.
- Generating a database useful for medical research.
For this project Encore Lab is using low-cost technlogies based on Rasppberry Pi. Users can access their data through a web platform usig any device which supports a web browser.